Setting up your private practice can feel overwhelming with many questions and confusions along the way. The process may feel lonely and ultimately too tiring to keep up when we make too many mistakes. Through this workshop we have tried to break down the process of beginning your journey as a therapist so that the process feels enriching and empowering. The workshop will focus on understanding the foundation of psychotherapeutic practice, what to prepare for before you start, the structure and processes involved, the challenges you may face and finally your own self-care. The workshops is aimed towards helping new therapists setup their practice in a reflective and practical way.
– Foundation of private practice – Framework for practice
– Getting started – Supervision, patient load, networking and references
– Structures and processes – Consent forms, cancellation policy and communication
– Challenges – Risk management, safety and containment
– Self-care – Considering personal work and continued development