Understanding Personality Disorders
The Online Certificate Course on Understanding Personality Disorders will focus on developing a shared understanding of the experience of those who struggle with personality difficulties/disorders as well as their caregivers. As a mental health professional, you can expect to learn about and understand the different eco-bio-psycho-social factors that contribute to the development of personality difficulties/disorders as well as develop a skill set to assess their psychological needs and formulate treatment plans by involving the service user.
This is an online certificate course spanning 24 hours (overs 12 sessions, within 6 weeks). Regular Evaluation will be in the form of reflective essays.
• Development of Personality
• PD in the Indian context
2. The Clinical and Caregiver Experience
• Distress over diagnosis
• Developing sensitivity to service user and caregiver experience
3. Theories and Principles, Assessments and Treatment
• Attachment Styles
• Defence mechanisms
• PD Pathways
• Bottom-up approach to assessing needs
• Integrated & holistic approach in planning treatment